Pages

10/13/08

winter?

Already? Really? I spent a good part of yesterday curled up by my mom and dad’s fireplace trying to keep warm. And now I come into work this morning and the heat isn’t working. Right now I’m huddled over my laptop wearing a coat and blanket with a space heater blasting my feet. I don't dare move because it'll let a draft into the burrito I've created with the blanket. Reminds me of last January when we didn’t have heat for about two weeks (not real great for office productivity).

All of that freezing aside, there are a lot of wintery things that I’m excited for ... namely HOT CHOCOLATE and SPARKLY LIGHTS and WARM FIRES. I just need to prepare by stocking up on fuzzy and warm clothing. I think I’ll use Kathleen as my inspiration:

Okay, I admit that mostly I'm just jealous because right now Kathleen is in California and therefore warmer than I am. And let's be honest - nothing beats pajamas that zip up. Now if only I could find these to wear while she's gone ...

3 comments:

Kathleen , Jared, and little Gavin said...

jess you can borrow my pj with feet. they are in my closet... oh and I will take a pic of the beach and send it to you, maybe that will warm you up :)

Rhett said...

That is a great picture!

Hilda said...

I say we all buy a pair and wear it one night...wouldn't that make for a great picture?