Pages

10/1/07

ode to k-rad

So we just celebrated a birthday at the House of Blonde. Kathleen turned the big 24 this last week. Hilda and I wanted to give her a very special present that only she would appreciate, so naturally we decided to go with a "dragon" theme. The gift included the following: a cape (to wear while reading her fantasy novels), very wild looking dragon poster, magical sword, 2008 dragon themed calendar (the gift of dragons all year round!), shiny dragon keychain, and cute 'lil stuffed dragon promptly named Twinkles. Oh, and her real present - a gift certificate to Barnes and Noble so she can buy more fantasty novels to read while wearing her cape. Overall, I think she was pleased.


She chose Happy Sumo for dinner, a definite fan favorite in the past. Personally, I'd rather slam my fingers in the door than eat sushi. However, out of necessity, I've discovered some very pleasing chicken options that make me a very happy girl.

Dinner was great - Kathleen opened some more presents, I practiced my use of the chopsticks, Hilda collected rice all over her shirt, and everyone really enjoyed their food. A good time was had by all. Needless to say, we called the night complete after a quiet cuddle with our superstar, Karl.


To be quite honest, I'm not sure how we ended up cuddling with Karl. At that point in the night, pretty well everything was funny, so please go ahead and humor us. Point of my entire post is this:


Many thanks for tuning in. Have yourself a great day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you manage to get Karl out of mom and dad's house?? It looks like you had fun!

Jess said...

He willingly loaned him to me! Something about scaring off all of the crazies in Salt Lake...

Natalie said...

My, you are prompt in posting pictures, aren't you? And it's nice to see your face a few times on the blog. Last night was fun! Thanks for humoring the rest of us sushi-lovers. You really are a champ... every SINGLE time a birthday rolls around... yet you always support the sush. I have to admit though, after trying the chicken entrees last night, I'm considering converting. You certainly get a lot more meal for your money than with a sushi roll.

And as for Karl, I was legitimately startled the first time I drove past and saw his large dark frame looming in the window sometime past midnight. So I think he's effective.

Anonymous said...

You should go onto ebay and buy some more and make it look like a party is going on! Reminds me of the home alone movie

Hilda said...

It was a great night, all of it, seeing Kat open her presents, dinner, pictures, and especially cuddling with Karl. It was a great night, one we should definitely do again!