Pages

1/28/09

LACE UP YOUR SHOES, HERE'S HOW WE DO

I reeeally hate running outside during the winter. I applaud those who can, but I can't. The cold air makes the spot right behind my ears ache. Then it starts spreading to the rest of my head. Pretty soon all I can focus on is the notion that my head is going to explode at any moment and I just want to fall in the snow and die. Dramatic? Sure. But still not my ideal run. Not to mention that speeding cars + ice + snow = dangerous. So I spend my winter at 24 Hour where it isn’t 21 degrees. I still haven’t purchased a FM attachment for the pretty new iPod Santa brought me so instead of watching TV I rely solely upon music for entertainment. As I’ve been doing my training I put together a workout playlist which I have to say is probably my favorite ... ever. Yes, EVER. (At least until next month)

So for those of you who are looking for new workout music, I present you with my LACE UP YOUR SHOES, HERE’S HOW WE DO playlist. Get ready to have your socks knocked right off. Or not.
  • Check Yes Juliet - We The Kings (proud originator of my playlist name)
  • Time to PretendMGMT
  • Kids - MGMT
  • You Are the One - Shiny Toy Guns
  • That's What You GetParamore
  • Misery Business - Paramore
  • CrushCrushCrush - Paramore
  • FencesParamore
  • Clearly anything Paramore
  • DisturbiaRihanna
  • Cemeteries of LondonColdplay (starts out slow but hold tight -- it livens up a bit)
  • Forever – Chris Brown
  • Show Me What I'm Looking For - Carolina Liar
  • Beautiful World – Carolina Liar
  • Pretty Girl (The Way) - Sugarcult
  • Just Dance - Lady GaGa (just overlook that it’s Lady GaGa and focus on the fact that is has a good beat)
  • Pokerface - Lady GaGa (really -- overlook)
  • Big Casino – Jimmy Eat World
Oh and don’t worry. It doesn’t end there. Once your cardio is done I’ve got a whole other playlist for your cool down and stretching! Oh, wow! You’re so welcome! Lots of unnecessary exclamations!
  • Say (All I Need) - One Republic
  • Be Still My Heart - The Postal Service
  • One of Those Days – Joshua Radin
  • Trouble is a Friend – Lenka
  • PorcelainMoby
  • Breathe – Angels & Airwaves
  • Say it Right – Nelly Furtado
  • Cautioners – Jimmy Eat World
  • PenelopePinback
  • Last of Days – A Fine Frenzy
There. I'm always looking for new additions so if you have anything good let me know because in a month I might not dub this playlist as so great anymore.

And in other news: I’m very proud to say that I have stopped picking at my hair. I honestly don’t know how it happened. The day after I wrote my post I had a hair appointment. Usually after I get my hair done I don’t pick at it, but that’s just guilt-driven and always short lived. After that it’s business as usual. But that didn’t happen this time. I haven’t torn my hair apart for nearly a month now. Well I’ll be. Now onto the other MUST DOs

5 comments:

joN. said...

nice. my playlist is here.

Kristin said...

Ew! I hate running whether it be inside or outside. Thus, the dust on my treadmill in the basement. However, I do enjoy your playlist and would be quite entertained by it while pedaling a bike or on the elliptical. Thanks for sharing!

VTS said...

I might steal this post idea. My current workout playlist is really starting to annoy me. Music had neither been added or subtracted for several months now.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Matt said...

OK, I made the list as a playlist in my iTunes library so I can listen to the previews and decide whether or not to buy them. You better not let me down, Venable. Jk. I also made the list available in the iTunes store at http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewIMix?id=304966350

Jess said...

If I were to cater this to you, iMatt, I would say nix Lady Gaga and Rihanna. Good beat or not, I really don't see you on board for those.