Pages

8/12/10

Seattle > NYC

Saw this today and thought it was fun – this guy hitchhiked from Seattle to New York City with 23 rides in 7 days, documenting his travels the entire time. Reminds me of the time a good friend of mine wanted me to join him in a “race” he and some of his friends were doing: start in Salt Lake and see who could make it to Mount Rushmore first – via hitchhiking. Sometimes I kinda regret turning him down and missing the chance to cross off a part of my bucket list that I didn’t even know existed. But then I remember how right now I’m alive and well instead of lying face down in a ditch with my face on a milk carton (do they even do that anymore?) and I’m suddenly okay with my decision.

This guy looks like he had quite the adventure, though. I admit -- I'm a little bit jealous. I might have to settle for a good 'ol fashioned road trip. I hear there's a giant rubber band ball somewhere in the midwest.


2 comments:

Karlee said...

My favorite part of this is all of the people he meets (though I'm very much against hitchhiking and/or picking up hitchhikers...cough cough JOSH) By the way, anyone else think this guy looks like Jon Lovitz???

Jess said...

Confession: I had to ask google about Jon Lovitz. And AGREED!