Josh: Hey, whatcha doing?
Me: A little online shopping.
Josh: Oh yeah? What are you looking for?
Me: A hydration pack for my long runs. I need something that I can wear around my waist to carry my water and gels and stuff.
Josh: Oh, so you're buying a fanny pack?
Me: Oh, no no. This is a HYDRATION PACK. It's different. It's for running and stuff.
Josh: So you wear it around your waist to carry things in?
Me: Yeah, my water and gels and stuff. It's gonna come in pretty handy.
Josh: So you wear it around your waist to carry stuff? Just like ... a fanny pack?
Me: NO. See, it's ....
*silence*
Touché. Call it what you want. But my HYDRATION PACK arrived in the mail yesterday and I already love it. So there. I did have my fair share of fanny packs back in the day, though. My faaavorite was this little pink and purple number circa 1992 (ish). I loved its handy little pockets and bright blue zipper.

Next on my shopping list: SHAPELESS SHORTS and RAINBOW SHAPED BANGS.
5 comments:
LOVE this entry and I would love to see a picture of you with your new fanny pack, ummm, I mean hydration pack once you get it!
wow look at us! You need to talk to Kim about those bangs for next time! LOL You need to post a pic of your new "hydration pack"
Hey, I remember that trip. That's when I was told that it wasn't such a good idea to hold your hand as we walked up the trail. I guess it gave people the wrong impression....
haha nice marmie.
Ah yes, the trip that changed everything. The trip that forced me to grow up :)
I'm sad we don't have a group shot because I KNOW there were more fanny packs involved.
Post a Comment