Nothing since the 6th. Lame, I know.
Here’s the Cliff Notes version of my Virginia trip: LOVED IT. The weather was perfect, the leaves gorgeous, the company great. It really was good to spend some time with Kristin—those times are few and far between nowadays. Took us right back to Thursday night take-out and TV.
Highlights were ….
Here’s the Cliff Notes version of my Virginia trip: LOVED IT. The weather was perfect, the leaves gorgeous, the company great. It really was good to spend some time with Kristin—those times are few and far between nowadays. Took us right back to Thursday night take-out and TV.
Highlights were ….
Leaves, leaves, and more leaves.
- Virginia Beach.
The Iwo Jima Memorial. We were lucky enough to be there right as they were practicing for their Veteran's Day program.
Arlington Cemetery. It had just rained so the headstones looked especially bright white and crisp.
Proudly showing my Utah love.
The Washington Monument. The view from the top was the only way I could get my bearings with the city.
Holocaust Museum. I only wish that we'd had more time (they were closing).
More creepy white vans. In DC they seem extra malicious.
Scooping out the soon-to-be Obama suite .... from a distance of course.

This crazy we ran into at the Washington temple.
Repeatedly expressing my love for healthy fruit and then eating caramel Dove chocolates every chance a back was turned. You're in luck - I do not have a photo for this. Just picture me trying to hide my chocolate smeared face.
The Leona Lewis discussion: "bleeding, Love" or "bleeding love"? And if it's the latter, how exactly does that happen?
Watching while Kristin took the cake with her scratch offs: FOUR TO ONE. I'm only smiling in this picture because I'm hoping that the scratch off I purchase with my meager winnings will be the big winner. (It wasn't)

Peeping Thompson/Taylors
Being unabashedly touristy
Tuna fish and crackers for the plane. Yes, I suggested it. But I also don't think straight when I'm hungry.
6 comments:
You got some great pictures as usual. I can't believe how pretty it is there. LOVE the touristy picture. Very nice. It seems Nate & Beau have something in common, they like messing up perfectly good self-portraits. I'm not sure yet if Nate's closed eyes are intentional, but I'm pretty darn sure from Beau's smug expression he knows what he's doing :)
Such a great trip! I forgot all about the "bleeding, Love"/"bleeding love" discussion. I started laughing out loud just thinking about it! Your pictures are always so much better than mine - guess that's what a photography minor does for ya!
P.S.
The scratch offs I bought with my winnings were also winners! I took them home to Travis and he won $14 on just one card! He won $2 on another one. That's more than what I got from all 4 of mine. Who says you can't make money playing scratch offs???
Oh he ABSOLUTELY knows what he's doing. That why it's so funny! As long as I get a smiling picture after it, of course :)
Thanks for the update. And GREAT photos.
You guys give me too much credit. I got distracted by a bumblebee.
Post a Comment