Pages

9/9/08

it’s short story day.

#1 A couple weeks ago Beau and I went to the first BYU game of the season in honor of his birthday. It was so dang HOT. So hot that I even allowed myself to be ripped off by spending $4.50 on a drink. We sat third row from the top of the stadium and witnessed the struggles of those climbing to the few seats above us. We both agreed that 10 year olds shouldn't be having trouble getting up those stairs. Time to put the XBox in the closet for awhile and actually go outdoors. Anyway, it was fun. And BYU won, although according to Beau they should have won by a lot more.


#2 More football. My sweet nephew Riley started playing this season. I nearly refuse to believe it because he’s still too little in my eyes. Turns out he’s an “X Man” because he’s bigger than most the kids so looks like I was pretty wrong. But he’s still little to me. I remember the first time we actually carried on a conversation -- we sat on the floor in front of the pantry and talked about cookie cutters. Now he’s tackling and probably grunting and all sorts of things. But who would've thought he’d be playing football so soon after the whole appendix fiasco? We’re all surprised, but very happy to be surprised.

#3 We had a great Sunday dinner this week – birthdays at the park. We celebrated Jennie’s (Happy Birthday, Jen!), Jill’s (Happy Soon-to-Be Birthday, Jill!), and sort of Beau’s (He couldn't make it but still got cake and candy and I think someone even sang his name during the birthday song. Lucky.) The weather was perfect and the dogs were hyped up on sunshine or something. We were all anticipating some sort of “vicious dog fight” as Trace would call it, but luckily it didn't come to that.

#4 Yesterday was a long day. In the total of five minutes I managed to: lose my rockstar parking spot at work, drill stiletto hole #2 in my car floor, and break my sun visor yet again. Yup, it was a Monday.

#5 Trace lost his third tooth today! I'm really excited to hear him say "Silly Sally sells seashells by the seashore." TRACE: I hear the Tooth Fairy pays $50 per tooth for the Taylor family. That's $150! Be sure and tell your mom.

The end.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Trace is happy that he made it on Jessi's blog!!!! He smiled a BIG toothless smile when he saw his pic and read what you wrote!!

Hilda said...

Jess, I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate Monday. But it looks like you had such a great weekend prior.

P.S. I love your Beauism.

Anonymous said...

What a frustrating Monday! You have my deepest sympathy for stiletto hole #2. I have a great fear of a stiletto hole in the new Tahoe - mainly the fear of Travis is this were to happen. I am trying to make an effort to drive sans heels to prevent such an unfortunate accident.