Pages

5/16/08

go jazz.

For those of you who know nothing about sports (which is certainly not me. I'd wither away without ESPN. Ask anyone.) there's a Jazz basketball game tonight. A rather big one. And thanks to the magical workings of Beau, we'll be right there in the action.
As previously blogged about, sometimes people think I resemble Becky from Full House. Kathleen has been known to remind people of Christine Taylor, and frankly, I think Vanessa couldn't look more like Claire Danes.
What does this have to do with the Jazz vs Lakers playoff series? It's easy - NBA lookalikes. As I've been watching these playoff games, certain players have begun to remind me of other people outside of the basketball world. Allow me to illustrate:
We'll just get this one out of the way: Kyle Korver looks way too much like Ashton Kutcher. I think we can all safely agree.

Next we have Luke Walton. Every time I see him all I can think of is Ben Affleck. Admit it - it's all you can see now as well.


Enter Paul Millsap. Though this one has been disputed, I still hold to the fact that he reminds me of Gary Coleman. After finding these two pictures of them, my opinion is cemented.


While glancing through the Laker website, I found this gem. I've never actually seen this Coby Karl fellow, but I can't deny that he has a striking resemblance to Clay Aiken. Or Greg Day from Ogden for those of you who know him.



And last, but certainly not least, we have Andre Kirilenko. Poke an eye out with his hair Kirilenko. My original pick for him was Curtis Stone from TLC's Take Home Chef. He also looks extremely similar to the "Russian dude" in Rocky IV. Take your pick.



Am I missing anyone?

7 comments:

Beau said...

What about Okur as Dave Navarro after a bender?... Yup now you see it.

Hilda said...

Oh my gosh, that's crazy! I had definitely thought of the Korver-Ahston resemblance, but not the others. I have to definitely gree on all of them! You definitely know your sports.

Tyson said...

Yes, my wife looks pretty much exactly like Anne Hathaway. But that was an enjoyable read.

Steph said...

I love this post!!! I would have never thought of those combos. The Ben Affleck/Luke Walton resemblance is perfect.

VTS said...

Wow. Great obsevations. Luke Walton also looks like Ryan Reynolds in Just Friends. You actually got to go to that game?! That's awesome. The outcome wasn't too pretty. How's Beau taking it? I mean, I know you are locking yourself in your room in a state of emotional decay over the loss, you sports fanatic. Is Beau comforting you?

Jess said...

At about halftime, we figured the game wasn't going to turn out the way we anticipated so we bought massive ice cream cones to take the edge off. That pretty much did the trick. Oh, and we also yelled obscene things at Lakers fans after the game. That helped too.

Natalie said...

You know, that picture doesn't really do Korver's looks any justice. Korver, hot. Picture, not. But thoroughly entertaining observations dear Jessi. I recall the times when sportscenter would get in the way of your household chores, your social life, even your personal hygeine. You're looking good though. What's your secret to kicking the habit? Therapy?