Pages

3/25/08

wishful thinking - part II.

Back when the majority of my friends were serving their LDS missions, I tried my hardest to stay in touch with them. I had been told that letters were very important for missionary morale and besides, I was genuinely interested in how they were faring out there. I won't flatter myself and say that my letters were full of precious gems that carried them through all those rough patches, but I really did enjoy writing and keeping up on their lives.

The problem I ran into with all this letter writing was my poor little hand. I felt that if I was going to write one missionary, it would only be fair to write them all. Even though I found myself saying much of the same things in each letter, I didn't have the heart to just type up a "form letter" and sign at the bottom. It felt a bit too impersonal. I always wished that I could just magically create a font out of my own handwriting in order to speed the process up.

Well, once again, wishful thinking does eventually pay off. This website will create a font out of your very own handwriting for only $9. A little too late considering those missionaries are long since back, but I'm still pleased to now have the option of a "Jess" font. I'd probably never use it, but could rest easy knowing it's there. Right. As if I really need one more font on my laptop.

So far this "wishful thinking" has proven successful with this and also my gigantic cupcake pan. Maybe I'll shoot for something a bit higher next time and see what happens.

2 comments:

Hilda said...

How about wishing for some money, or a new house, maybe even a visit from Toby Keith...I kow how much you LOVE him!

Laura Lee said...

I have my font in my handwriting! It was a birthday gift. And I love it. But it can be dangerous if a devious person gets a hold of it and wants to frame you for something.